Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bully Proof Your Child

This spring give your child a fighting chance


Bullying can have such a pervasive effect on the lives of our children. From declining grades, to low self-worth, to long-term damage such as depression, and anxiety well into adulthood. In some regards it is worse today than ever before due to the onset of social media; making it ever harder to hide from the abuser(s).

While I applaud the school systems for trying to stop bullying, unfortunately it is a natural part of human existence. No matter how many 10 or 12 year old's we lock up in jail, there are too many circumstances in life that create bullies. I should know, I had plenty of experience as a victim of them in my own life. So what is the answer? Easy, give your child the confidence they need and they will no longer be a target.

Confidence Course

This 6 week course is designed to give your child confidence, teach them to establish verbal boundaries, and give them physical self-defense techniques to use, just in case they ever need them. We also have a parent session where we will discuss the psychology of the bully, posturing, human behaviors, and what you can do long term to help your child when they are struggling with a bully.

Defend Against the 12 Common Attacks

Those of you that grew up where schools and kids were more physical, probably remember some of the common problems you faced - being punched, headlocks, pinned on the ground; the list goes on. I will teach your child to defend against each of the attacks they are most likely to face from other kids; giving them the confidence to deal with physical violence they might face, or may already be facing. Learning self-defense skills can be TRUE EMPOWERMENT!

Course Details

Ages: 8 to 16
Dates: Every Tuesday from 5 to 6pm - April 29 to June 3rd
Cost: $150

Scholarships

If you or someone you know has a child experiencing problems with a bully, but is unable to afford this course, I am offering 3 scholarships so they may attend the course free of charge. Please spread the word.


Background

Master Randy Brown
Black Belt (6th) SanShou
Blue Belt BJJ
Self-Defense Instructor
Tai Chi Adv. Instructor
Kickboxing Instructor
I helped pioneer the anti-bully movement in martial arts schools back in 2009 when I saw a growing need to help kids with this problem. I wrote numerous articles for the local newspapers, and appeared on a local television channel to help parents understand and deal with bullying. Additionally, I ran a successful bully-proofing program at my martial arts school for years.

Taking the lessons I learned from that program, I have built this excellent course making it easier for kids of all ages to deal with their current or future bullying problems.

I feel very strongly that martial arts is the perfect tool for helping your children put a stop to their bully. I have a great student that was being bullied when she started a couple of years ago. She's now on her way to being an accomplished martial artist, and walks through school with her head and grades high, knowing she can handle herself if needed. 

I have helped many children go through this same transformation, and I believe this course can help your child as well!

Randy Brown
Master Instructor/Owner

No comments: